Experience : 1-2 Years | Position : 1 | Location : Powai-Sakivihar, Mumbai, Maharashtra, INDIA
WordPress Developer (WDPD)
WordPress Developers design and implement websites for companies using the WordPress creation tool. They are responsible for both front-end and back-end development, including the implementation of themes and plugins. Their goal is to create attractive and user-friendly websites according to client specifications.
We are looking to hire a skilled WordPress Developer to design and implement attractive and functional websites and ecommerce portals for our clients. You will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development including the implementation of WordPress themes and plugins as well as site integration and security updates.
To be a successful WordPress developer, you should have in-depth knowledge of front-end programming languages, a good eye for aesthetics, and strong content management skills. Ultimately, a top-class WordPress developer can create attractive, user-friendly websites and ecommerce portals that perfectly meet the design and functionality specifications of the client.
What you will be doing?
- Build modern and advanced WordPress and WooCommerce websites with state-of-the-art code quality.
- Create the website and ecommerce architecture.
- Design, monitor performance and manage the website and ecommerce back-end including database and server integration.
- Maintain high coding standards and practices to deliver secure, scalable, optimized, and exceptional WordPress websites and ecommerce portals from start to finish.
- Assist in the remediation, enhancement, and maintenance of existing websites and ecommerce portals in a fast-paced environment.
- Run security audits, troubleshooting and performance test reviews for products.
- Always do extensive research to build innovative solutions with a perfect user experience.
- Test solutions across multiple browsers and platforms in a local testing environment.
- Write and maintain technical project documentation, including inline code commenting, Git repo readme, and clear commit messages.
- Meeting with clients to discuss website design and function.
- Respect timelines and communicate progress proactively.
- Help the other engineers in the team through architectural review, code reviews, peer reviews, and share the knowledge.
- Take responsibility for the engineering success of your projects.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer programming, computer science, information technology, or a related field.
- Extensive WordPress knowledge with minimum 1-2 years hands-on experience.
- Experience with WooCommerce, Multisite, API integrations.
- Knowledge of website development using WordPress plugins and themes.
- A clear understanding of WordPress Actions and Filters.
- Good understanding of User Interface and Experience (UI/UX).
- Debugging knowledge for a wide range of browsers and devices.
- Experience consuming and building robust, SOAP and RESTful APIs.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL Databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL and MongoDB.
- Experience with browser-based debugging and performance testing software.
- Experience building scalable systems with cloud infrastructures like AWS.
- Solid understanding and extensive experience with version control tools like Git, SVN, etc.
- Superb interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving aptitude.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Availability to resolve urgent web application issues outside of business hours.
What do we offer you?
- We believe in working closely and bringing the best out in each other.
- We’re a fun, supportive, and creative group of individuals.
- A performance based competitive salary.
- An opportunity to learn and grow in a fast-growing team of adept WordPress developers.
- We don’t micro-manage. Manage your own projects as you see the best fit for success.
- Work on the latest technologies. Very close to the pulse of the newest WordPress development and technologies.
- Work with interesting people from various backgrounds.
- Equip yourself by tackling new challenges.
- Limitless ability to grow within the company.
- We promote entrepreneurial thinking and action. At TurtleDove, it is a career, not a job!
- Learn something new every day – Grow your career with bright possibilities.