QA Software Tester
Experience : 1-2 Years | Position : 1 | Location : Powai-Sakivihar, Mumbai, Maharashtra, INDIA
QA Software Tester (QAST)
QA Software Tester is responsible for designing test scenarios for software usability, running these tests, and preparing reports on the effectiveness and defects to the production team. The QA Software Tester develops test cases and test plans to test new and existing software, debug code, and improve the usability of software programs.
We are looking for a dedicated, results-driven QA Software Tester to be responsible for designing and running tests on software usability. You will be responsible for designing, implementing and running test plans to debug code, correct errors, and troubleshoot any issues with software code. The QA Software Tester will report observations to the development team. You may also interact with clients in order to understand the requirements of the product.
To be successful as a QA Software Tester, you should have a working knowledge of testing methodologies, software and test design, the capability to run through tests, and the ability to analyze the results. Ultimately, the software tester should be result-driven, have good communication skills, and up-to-date knowledge of software programming and software test design.
What you will be doing?
- Reviewing software requirements and preparing test scenarios.
- Designing test plans, test cases, scenarios, scripts, and procedures.
- Executing tests on source code for software usability.
- Analyzing test results on database impacts, APIs, errors or bugs, and usability.
- Preparing reports on all aspects related to the software testing carried out and reporting to the development team.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Working with the development team to correct bugs and errors.
- Interacting with clients to understand product requirements.
- Participating in design reviews and providing input on requirements, product design, and potential problems.
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Performing user acceptance testing.
- Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
- Managing competing resources and priorities.
- Monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer programming, computer science, information technology, or a related field.
- Extensive QA Software Testing knowledge with minimum 1-2 years hands-on experience in Software Testing and Quality Assurance.
- Exceptional analytical, logical, problem solving and conceptual thinking skills.
- Up-to-date knowledge of software test design and QA testing methodologies.
- Working knowledge of test techniques and compatibility with various software programs.
- Excellent documentation skills with detail-oriented mindset.
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL Databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL and MongoDB.
- Understanding of building scalable systems with cloud infrastructures like AWS.
- Understanding and extensive experience with version control tools like Git, SVN, etc.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- A track record of following through on commitments.
- Superb interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- History of leading and supporting successful projects.
- Availability to resolve urgent web application issues outside of business hours.
What do we offer you?
- We believe in working closely and bringing the best out in each other.
- We’re a fun, supportive, and creative group of individuals.
- A performance based competitive salary.
- An opportunity to learn and grow in a fast-growing team of adept WordPress developers.
- We don’t micro-manage. Manage your own projects as you see the best fit for success.
- Work on the latest technologies. Very close to the pulse of the newest WordPress development and technologies.
- Work with interesting people from various backgrounds.
- Equip yourself by tackling new challenges.
- Limitless ability to grow within the company.
- We promote entrepreneurial thinking and action. At TurtleDove, it is a career, not a job!
- Learn something new every day – Grow your career with bright possibilities.